I'm Caitlin, a 22 year old college grad with a love for cooking and all things food-related. Food photography allows me to express myself in a way I didn't think possible, and I hope everything here tastes as good as it looks. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crock Pot Corn Chowder

This recipe is perfect when you have leftover vegetables that you need to use up. I added potatoes, corn, diced ham, onions, and cream of potato soup to make a rich chowder that will warm you up from the inside out.

Corn Chowder

Ingredients
5 small red potatoes, diced into small chunks 
2 cups diced ham 
1/2 diced onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced (can adjust more or less, depending on your taste)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 carrot, peeled and diced small
2 cans cream of potato soup 
1 cup low-fat chicken broth  
salt and pepper

Directions
1. Lightly oil the crockpot and place potatoes at the bottom
2. Add carrot, onion, and garlic
3. Add diced ham and drained corn
4. Add cream of potato soup and chicken broth, stir to blend

Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8, until potatoes are tender and can be cut with a fork.
Feeds 4 people (with very large appetites).

No comments:

Post a Comment